Wednesday 28 September 2011

Job Hunting

I am back to my job hunting mood. As always there are attempts to get out Call Center industry which I'd like to call as my mother industry. I started out as an agent when I was in college, and the rest as they say it is history. I have learned a lot from this industry and I could say that pretty much my knowledge of the corporate world is from the call center world. However despite all the lessons learned, I must admit that it is such a stress to handle - the unholy work hours, the sometimes annoying callers, etc.

So each time I find myself out of work, I find it to be a blessing in a way. I have a chance to venture to a new realm. So what I thought of doing now is dipping into teaching. Well, the options that I have is not so far form the call center work as the choices I have so far are that of online teaching. It's exciting for me, at last something other than answering inquiries about a person's bill or Internet connection. However, my experience in job hunting did not take my jitters away. The fear of being rejected is still there. Much more that I have no experience teaching and despite my impressive resume, in this part of the industry, I am a neophyte.

But just like in the other applications I have done, it's always putting your best foot forward and just enjoy the moment. The instance I set my foot out of that interview, I am off to look for another opening. It's always hard work that brings me to where I would like to be.

As I pave another path in my career, I am crossing my fingers that just like the rest this experience will make me a better person.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...